How exercise wards off disease, sharpens your brain and keep you in your prime.
Exercise can be used as medicine for even the sickest patient. Now extensive research shows that the most effective and potent way that we can improve quality and duration of life is exercise.
People with low level of physical activity are at high risk of many different kinds of cancer, heart disease, Diabetes, obesity, Alzheimer’s disease and early death by any cause.
Scientific benefits of exercise includes, slower aging, better mood, less chronic pain, strong vision, better skin and less anxiety/depression.
How much exercise need to be done: 150 minutes of moderate intensity aerobic physical activity per week, and twice weekly muscle strengthening.
Here are some amazing things that happen inside the active body.
- Exercise revs up blood to the skin, delivering nutrients to the epidermis and helping wounds heal faster.
- Repeated weight bearing contractions make a muscle grow and put pressure on the bones, increasing their density.
- Moving quickly makes the heart pump more blood to the body’s tissue, including the muscles. That extra oxygen make muscle withstand fatigue.
- Increased blood flow to the brain create new blood vessels. It make body secretes endorphins.
- It protects telomeres, the tiny caps on the ends of chromosomes. Which slows the aging of cells.
- The body is better able to burns fat instead of carbs, causing fat cells to shrink.